Social media is a very vital tool for business growth where the virtual assistant is concerned. Working remotely means that you have no work in clients and will rely heavily on networking, referrals & social media. Social media is indispensable to the virtual assistant.
Unfortunately, there is nothing black & white about social media marketing. Neither are there any “one size fits all” solutions for social media issues. A quote I read somewhere had this to say about social media “Build it and they will come doesn’t apply to social media. You have to grow it, build it, engage and they MAY come”.
This isn’t meant to scare you as there are various tactics you can employ to make social media work for you as a virtual assistant.
Below are 8 tips for virtual assistants using social media
- Have a social media marketing goal. What are you on social media for? Do you want to drive traffic to your website? Increase visibility? Establish credibility? Book clients? Have a goal.
- Use your link in bio. It can house the link to your website, your freebie, your portfolio or your preferred mode of communication e.g WhatsApp. Your bio should also state categorically what you do, especially the kind of virtual assistant you are (what your niche is) so you only get enquiries from prospects who need the service you render.
- Your content is important when using social media for business. Strive to give value to your audience especially in areas of your expertise. However don’t get so carried away establishing credibility that you forget to promote your services.
- Create a posting schedule and stick to it. Showing up once a week is not showing up on social media. One way to show up regularly on social media is to use social media management tools like scheduling apps.
- Engage, engage, engage. Social media is for socializing; never forget to socialize on social media. Read captions and leave meaningful comments. People tend to visit profiles of people who left comments on their posts, I know I do.
- Use hashtags on platforms that require it. Platforms like Instagram & Twitter need hashtags . Use hashtags that are relevant to posts to get the most out of your posts.
- Use all the features on social media to grow your business, Features like stories & IGTV on Instagram, video tutorials on Pinterest…..know them all and use them to increase your visibility on social media.
- Run ads. Paid reach trumps organic reach every time!! Need to increase audience, increase visibility……run ads, simple! It’s advisable to run ads at least 10days every month. Showing up regularly on social media without running ads will yield little to no results.
Social media marketing is essential to the growth of your virtual assistant business. Which of these tips did you find useful the most?